Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat
I found this to be almost identical to Claussen Pickles. The key to really crisp pickles is to use very fresh pickling cucumbers. Regular salad cucumbers usually have a wax coating which just doesn't work. Also, they have much bigger seeds and a thick skin which is yucky for pickles.
Yield: 1 serving ( Serving Size: Quart )
Community Recipe from
- 8 to 10 Pickling Cucumbers Quartered
- 1 bunch(es) Dill Weed
- 6 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Mustard Seed
- 1/8 cup(s) canning salt
- 1 cup(s) white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- Quarter the pickles and pack in a sterile glass or plastic container. (Fresh from a heated dishwasher if fine. Never use a metal container.)
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil and allow to cool.
- When cool, pour over pickles.
- Cover tightly with fitted cover or plastic wrap and allow to cool.
- Store on counter top for up to 3 days before refrigerating.
- They will keep for up to a month, but they never last that long at our house.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Patriciasass and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes