Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat
I found this to be almost identical to Claussen Pickles. The key to really crisp pickles is to use very fresh pickling cucumbers. Regular salad cucumbers usually have a wax coating which just doesn't work. Also, they have much bigger seeds and a thick skin which is yucky for pickles.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 to 10 Pickling Cucumbers Quartered
- 1 bunch(es) Dill Weed
- 6 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Mustard Seed
- 1/8 cup(s) canning salt
- 1 cup(s) white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- Quarter the pickles and pack in a sterile glass or plastic container. (Fresh from a heated dishwasher if fine. Never use a metal container.)
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil and allow to cool.
- When cool, pour over pickles.
- Cover tightly with fitted cover or plastic wrap and allow to cool.
- Store on counter top for up to 3 days before refrigerating.
- They will keep for up to a month, but they never last that long at our house.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Patriciasass and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note