I have made this twice, both with Greek non-fat plain yogurt. It is the easiest recipe for the best flavor.
Photo: Jan Smith
A traditional Greek dip and gyro condiment, this tzatziki recipe also makes a tasty topping for sandwiches and even hamburgers. Serve with pita wedges or crudités.
Yield: 14 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 9
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 1.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 1 cup grated seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place cucumber on several layers of paper towels; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note