- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 6 (8- to 10-ounce) trout fillets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked couscous with chopped parsley and red bell pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Stir together milk, 1 teaspoon salt, and hot sauce in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; add fillets, turning to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add oil. Remove fillets from marinade, discarding marinade. Dredge fillets in flour mixture. Add to skillet, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
Combine remaining 1 cup butter and almonds in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley; pour over fillets. Serve immediately over couscous, and garnish, if desired.
Note: Prepare fillets and sauce up to 45 minutes before serving. Heat oven to 250º; turn oven off. Place fillets in warm oven. Cook sauce over low heat until warm and drizzle over fillets just before serving.