Classic Thumbprint Cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 stick(s) Crisco Butter Shortening cut into slices
- 3 eggs, large separated
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) Pillsbury Best All Purpose Flour
- 2 cup(s) pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) Smucker's Strawberry Preserves, or any Smucker's Preserves, Jam o
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Adjust rack to middle position. Coat two cookie sheets lightly iwht non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat brown sugar and shortening in medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined. Add flour on low speed until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in a separate shallow bowl. Measure about 2 teaspoons dough for each cookie. Form into balls by rolling between your palms. Dip each dough ball into egg whites, then roll into pecans. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. It may be necessary to create the indentation once again with a spoon. Place about 1 teaspoon preserves into the indentation of eah cookie. Bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheet for several minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RYCHEFREAKLIVE and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Thumbprint Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies