- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Emmentaler cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Gruyère cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy (Kirsch)
- Cubed French bread or steamed vegetables
How to Make It
Bring wine and lemon juice to a low boil in a heavy saucepan; add cheeses, pepper, and nutmeg, if desired. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese melts.
Whisk together cornstarch and cherry brandy. Stir mixture into cheese; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot, and keep warm. Serve with cubed bread or steamed vegetables.