More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds Italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (24-oz.) jars tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (32-oz.) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (9-oz.) box BARILLA Oven Ready Lasagne
- 1 (16-oz.) package shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- Cook sausage and mushrooms in a lightly greased large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to Dutch oven. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Stir together spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl until blended.
- Arrange 2 lasagne noodles in a single layer in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; layer evenly with 3/4 cup spinach mixture, 1 cup sausage mixture, and 1/2 cup cheese blend. Repeat layers twice, gently pressing layers to compact. Top with 2 noodles, 1 cup sausage mixture, and 1/2 cup cheese blend. (Dish will be full.) Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients in another lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Place both dishes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 8 to 10 more minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: To freeze, prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover baking dishes tightly with aluminum foil. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note