Classic Shrimp al Ajillo
This garlic shrimp dish is a customer favorite at RioMar. Serve it with warm crusty bread to dip into the sauce.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian or flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute or just until lightly toasted. Add wine slowly, and cook 1 minute. Stir in paprika and next 3 ingredients, and add shrimp; reduce heat, and cook 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note