Not very flavorful
Classic Shepherd's Pie
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=87591 Weight Watchers Recipe 4.5 Stars Ratings (1091) Rate it 7PointsPlus Value Track Prep time: 25 min Cook time: 42 min Other time: 0 min Serves: 6 Seasoned meat and vegetables are nestled under creamy mashed potatoes and then baked to form a sensational, savory pie.
- 2 piece(s) uncooked potato(es), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) table salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 piece(s) uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 2 piece(s) uncooked celery, diced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 3 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) rosemary, fresh, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, or beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and add sour cream and margarine; mash until smooth, season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Add flour, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper; stir to coat. Add broth and bring to a simmer; simmer until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate. Spread mashed potatoes over top and using the back of a spoon, make decorative swirls over the top. Bake until potatoes are golden, about 30 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jrich9 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes