One word... Delicious!!!!!!
Classic Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
Gently stirring twice while baking promotes even cooking and creaminess to this dish. Pull out of the oven, stir once more, then sprinkle with cheese, and continue baking without stirring for a casserole that's golden brown on top.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Layer potatoes in a 13- x 9-inch or 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Stir together cream and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour cream mixture over potatoes.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving.
- TRY THIS TWIST!
- Gruyère Scalloped Potatoes: Substitute finely shredded Gruyère cheese for Parmesan. Reduce parsley to 2 Tbsp. and salt to 1 tsp. Prepare recipe as directed, stirring 1 tsp. freshly ground Italian seasoning into cream mixture in Step 2. Note: We tested with McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note