I liked this recipe very much, I rated it as "has potential" simply because I would change the recipe if I were to make it again. I used minced garlic in place of whole cloves and I used all red bell peppers(cheaper). Next time would substitute rosemary for the oregano...just a personal preference. The peppers did take a little longer than 15 minutes, the potatoes burned ever so slightly, and the sausage turned out a little dry. Will make again and serve to company with adjustments.
Classic Sausage-and-Pepper Grill
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 18.6g
- Carbohydrate: 24.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 638mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut in half crosswise
- 4 red bell peppers, quartered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 5 (3-ounce) turkey Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Prepare grill. Coat the grill rack with cooking spray.
- Cut an 18 x 12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place potatoes and garlic in center of foil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Fold foil over vegetables, tightly sealing edges. Add foil pouch to grill rack. Grill 30 minutes, turning foil pouch occasionally.
- Lightly coat onion and bell peppers with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place onion on grill rack; grill 15 minutes. Turn onion over; add bell peppers and sausage. Grill an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is done; turn occasionally. Remove from grill.
- Slice bell peppers into strips; coarsely chop onion. Combine bell peppers, onion, and potatoes in a large bowl. Squeeze garlic cloves into a small bowl to extract garlic pulp, and discard skins. Add parsley and oregano, tossing well. Slice grilled sausage links into 1/2-inch-thick slices, and serve with bell pepper mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This