Classic Roast Chicken
Everyone needs a simple recipe for roasted chicken, and this reciipe for Classic Roast Chicken is the one. Five ingredients are it takes to make Classic Roast Chicken.
More From Allyou
Stand: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 386
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Sodium: 774mg
- 1 chicken, 3 1/2 to 4 lb.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Remove chicken and butter from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a roasting pan.
- 2. Rinse chicken with cool water inside and out; pat dry. Place breast side up in pan and rub with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper inside and out. Push lemon into cavity. Tuck wings under and tie legs together with kitchen string.
- 3. Bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 165°F.
- 4. Tip chicken so juices run out of cavity into pan. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; tent with foil. Skim fat from liquid in pan. Pour broth into pan; place on stove over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to pick up browned bits. Boil until reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cut chicken into serving pieces and serve the sauce alongside.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note