recipe calls for 1/4 cup salt..................I assume it is 1/4 tsp
Classic Quiche Lorraine
Turn your kitchen into a quaint French bistro with this Classic Quiche Lorraine.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled, drippings reserved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss or
- Gruyère cheese
- Arrange pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate; press a double layer of aluminum foil into crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes; remove aluminum foil and bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Sauté onion in one tablespoon reserved drippings until tender; drain. Spoon bacon and onion evenly into baked crust. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half and seasonings; add cheese and whisk to combine.
- Pour into crust; set pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until quiche is golden, puffed and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent burning. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch