I made this for Thanksgiving this year. Everyone loved the smooth texture and taste. It wasn't the best to look at though, it kind of sunk in after a night in the fridge. It wasn't superb, but definitely a solid pumpkin pie recipe.
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Refrigerated pie dough makes this classic pumpkin pie recipe simple to prepare. Bake the pie on a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven to encourage a crisp crust.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge and about 1 tablespoon topping)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 222
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 241mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Position oven rack to lowest position.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare filling, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pumpkin, and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- To prepare crust, roll dough into an 11-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under and flute.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the crust. Place pie plate on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on lowest oven rack. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove pie from oven); bake an additional 50 minutes or until almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare topping, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the amaretto and powdered sugar, and beat until blended. Serve with pie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts