Classic Potato Latkes
You'll need to cook latkes in batches. Place the cooked ones in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with paper towels, and keep them warm in a low oven as you fry the next batch.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/2 cup(s) baking potatoes about 1 1/2 lbs shredded and peeled
- 1 1/4 cup(s) onion grated
- 6 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg (large)
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 dash(es) ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine potato and onion in a colander, Drain 30 mins, pressing with the back of a spoon until barely moist. Comnine potato mixture,flour,and next 4 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; toss well.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add 2 tbl olive oil to pan,and swirl to coat. Sppon 1/4 cup potato mixture loosely into a dry measuring cup.Pour mixture into pan,and flatten slightly. Repeat procedure 5 times to form 6 latkes. Saute 3 1/2 mins on each side or until golden brown. Remove latkes from pan,and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining 2 tbl olive oil and potator mixture to yield 12 latkes total. Combine applesauce and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Serve applesauce with latkes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Potato Latkes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch