Classic Pot Roast
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) oil
- 3-4 pound(s) boneless chuck roast
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1-1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- 2 cup(s) sliced onions
- 6 med. carrots cut into2-3" pieces
- 3 celery ribs cut into 2-3" pieces
- 6 clove(s) chopped garlic
- 3-4 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- satl, pepper
- Heat oil in saute pan, sear roast all over, 10 min. total.
- Transfer to 4-6 qt. slow cooker.
- Stir flour into saute pan, cook 1 min. Add to. paste, cook 1 min.
- Add wine, deglaze until evaporated. Stir in borth and sauce, bring to simmer.
- Add to cooker with rest of ingredients.
- Cover and cook until fork tender.high for 4-5 hrs., low for 8-9 hrs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ncarli and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Pot Roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes