Had to add extra cheese to get right consistency but tastes great!
Classic Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Erin Adams; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Flashback: We lightened up the original that ran in August 2001 and got 35% fewer calories and 45% fewer fat grams!
This recipe goes with Potato Skins
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 43
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 113mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) block 2% reduced-fat extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) block 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Stir together mayonnaise, pimiento, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and ground red pepper. Stir in cheeses.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per Tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables