This pesto recipe has an addt'l ingredient Nutritional yeast. A great addition for vegetarians to get their B vitamins and it adds a creamy texture to this recipe, YUM!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts
- 3 cup(s) Fresh Basil packed
- 3 clove(s) Garlic smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt coarse
- 1/2 cup(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil or more to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoon(s) Lemon Juice
- Toast the walnuts at 3, 50 for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Combine the walnuts, basil, garlic, and salt in a food processor or blender and process while you add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Add the nutritional yeast and lemon juice, and pulse to combine. The sauce s/b the consistency of a slightly grainy paste, not a puree.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Soulista1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments