Classic Pastry Crust - Single Crust Pie or Tart
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) solid vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoon(s) cold butter
- 2-4 tablespoon(s) ice-cold water
- 1. Combine flour and salt in large bowl; mix well. Cut shortening and butter into flour mixture using pastry blender until shortening and butter resemble the size of small peas. Sprinkle 1 tbsp water over flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Repeat until mixture is moist enough to form into a ball.
- 2. Gather pastry into a ball; flatten to 1/2-in thickness. Cover; refrigerate dough 30 minutes.
- 3. Place dough on center of lightly floured pastry mat. Roll out to desired size and use as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Pastry Crust - Single Crust Pie or Tart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries
More Recipes for Main Dishes