I make this dish for special occasions, and always during the Holidays. This is by far, the BEST Scalloped Potato recipe I've tried (and I've tried many)! Beginning the cooking process on the stove really speeds things and makes a softer potato! Dense, creamy, delicious!
Classic Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir in potatoes and next 5 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring gently, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note