- 6 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 12 (1-ounce) slices Vienna sandwich bread
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberrypreserves
- calories 522
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fat 21.6 g
- satfat 11.7 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 29.2 g
- carbohydrate 50.7 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 215 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 1136 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place 1 ounce each of turkey, ham, and cheese on each of 6 bread slices; top with remaining 6 bread slices.
Combine eggs and half-and-half; stir well with a wire whisk. Carefully dip sandwiches into egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Place 3 sandwiches in skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until bread is golden and cheese melts. Remove from skillet, and sprinkle sandwiches evenly with half of powdered sugar. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 3 sandwiches, and remaining powdered sugar.
Top sandwiches evenly with sour cream and strawberry preserves. Serve immediately.