Classic Molded Cranberry Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup plus 2tbs cup(s) sugar
- 2 oranges (zest of 2 oranges)
- 2/3 cup(s) orange juice
- pinch salt
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tbs cold water
- 1 envelope(s) unflavored gelatin
- Lightly coat the inside of a ceramic cranberry mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange zest, orange juice, salt and the 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the cranberries have burst, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the 2 Tbs. water into a small bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Let stand until the gelatin softens and swells, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the juices from the cranberries into the gelatin and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Pour the gelatin mixture into the cranberry mixture and stir to combine. Pour the cranberry mixture into the prepared mold and let cool to room temperature. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
- To unmold, dip the mold into a large bowl of warm water so the water reaches almost to the rim of the mold. Remove from the water and run a small paring knife or spatula around the inside of the mold to loosen it. Place a serving platter upside down on top of the mold, invert the platter and mold together and shake gently. Then lift off the mold.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SueDsd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes