Classic Mint Julep
Leftover simple syrup keeps refrigerated about one week and perfectly sweetens iced tea.
Yield: Makes 1 (8-ounce) julep
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mint Simple Syrup
- Crushed ice
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) bourbon
- 1 (4-inch) cocktail straw or coffee stirrer
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Place mint leaves and Mint Simple Syrup in a chilled julep cup. Gently press leaves against cup with back of spoon to release flavors. Pack cup tightly with crushed ice; pour bourbon over ice. Insert straw, place mint sprig directly next to straw, and serve immediately. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select Bourbon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages