My partner is attending The Art Institute in San Bernardino, CA. She's studying to be a Chef. I found this site and thought it will help her make some wonderful dishes and drinks. Thank You for having this site. God Bless!
Classic Mint Julep
Leftover simple syrup keeps refrigerated about one week and perfectly sweetens iced tea.
Yield: Makes 1 (8-ounce) julep
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mint Simple Syrup
- Crushed ice
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) bourbon
- 1 (4-inch) cocktail straw or coffee stirrer
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Place mint leaves and Mint Simple Syrup in a chilled julep cup. Gently press leaves against cup with back of spoon to release flavors. Pack cup tightly with crushed ice; pour bourbon over ice. Insert straw, place mint sprig directly next to straw, and serve immediately. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select Bourbon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note