A well made mint julep is a taste that you remember! Only use the very best Bourbon as the drink deserves it.
Classic Mint Julep
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mint Simple Syrup
- Crushed ice
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) bourbon
- 1 (4-inch) cocktail straw or coffee stirrer
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Place mint leaves and Mint Simple Syrup in a chilled julep cup. Gently press leaves against cup with back of spoon to release flavors. Pack cup tightly with crushed ice; pour bourbon over ice. Insert straw, place mint sprig directly next to straw, and serve immediately. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select Bourbon.
Leftover simple syrup keeps refrigerated about one week and perfectly sweetens iced tea.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note