Classic Margherita Pizza
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil plus more for baking sheets & drizzling flour,for the work surface
- 1 pound(s) pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 8 ounce(s) fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan
- kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) torn fresh basil leaves
- 1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Brush 2 large baking sheets with oil. On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into four rounds. Place on the prepared baking sheets and brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 2. Dividing evenly, top the rounds with the marinara, mozzarella, parmesan, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Bake until the crust is crisp an golden, 16-18 minutes. Drizzle with oil and top with the basil.
- Tip: baking the pizza on an oiled pan makes the crust extra golden and delicious.
- Calories: 571; Fat 29g; Sat Fat 11g; cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 1110mg;Protein 24g;carbs 53g; sugar 4g; fiber 3g; calcium 403mg.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Margherita Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza