seriously good drink! use the recommended brand tequila and triple sec. i have even tried this with truvia. (less truvia than powdered sugar because it tastes sweeter) potent and smooth.. perfect!! yum
Classic Margaritas on the Rocks
These are potent, yet amazingly smooth-tasting when you use good-quality tequila and orange liqueur and thoroughly shake the mixture with ice before pouring over ice cubes to serve.
More From Southern Living
- Lime wedge
- Margarita salt
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- Garnish: lime wedges
- 1. Rub rims of 4 chilled glasses with lime wedge; dip rims in salt to coat. Fill glasses with ice.
- 2. Stir together tequila and next 3 ingredients in a small pitcher, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add desired amount of margarita mixture, cover with lid, and shake until thoroughly chilled. Strain into prepared glasses. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Jose Cuervo Especial for tequila and Triple Sec for orange liqueur.
- Try these twists!
- Pomegranate Margaritas: Decrease lime juice to 1/4 cup. Stir 1/2 cup pomegranate juice into tequila mixture in Step 2. Makes about 2 cups.
- Strawberry Margaritas: Substitute red decorator sugar crystals for margarita salt. Reduce powdered sugar to 1/4 to 1/3 cup and lime juice to 1/4 cup. Process 1 (10-oz.) package frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed, in blender 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir strawberry puree into tequila mixture in Step 2. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note