seriously good drink! use the recommended brand tequila and triple sec. i have even tried this with truvia. (less truvia than powdered sugar because it tastes sweeter) potent and smooth.. perfect!! yum
Classic Margaritas on the Rocks
More From Southern Living
- Lime wedge
- Margarita salt
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- Garnish: lime wedges
- 1. Rub rims of 4 chilled glasses with lime wedge; dip rims in salt to coat. Fill glasses with ice.
- 2. Stir together tequila and next 3 ingredients in a small pitcher, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add desired amount of margarita mixture, cover with lid, and shake until thoroughly chilled. Strain into prepared glasses. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Jose Cuervo Especial for tequila and Triple Sec for orange liqueur.
- Try these twists!
- Pomegranate Margaritas: Decrease lime juice to 1/4 cup. Stir 1/2 cup pomegranate juice into tequila mixture in Step 2. Makes about 2 cups.
- Strawberry Margaritas: Substitute red decorator sugar crystals for margarita salt. Reduce powdered sugar to 1/4 to 1/3 cup and lime juice to 1/4 cup. Process 1 (10-oz.) package frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed, in blender 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir strawberry puree into tequila mixture in Step 2. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages