Classic Margarita - Men's Health
In Mexico, the margarita is a simple, perfectly balanced cocktail. But as it traveled north of the border, the classic picked up a suitcase full of calories. Ditch the bottle of neon mix and return the marg to its unadulterated self.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) 100% agave silver tequila
- 1 ounce(s) Cointreau or triple sec (or splash of OJ)
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) agave syrup
- 1 Coarse salt and a lime slice for garnish
- Pour enough salt onto a plate to cover it lightly. Rub the rim of a rocks glass with the cut side of a lime, and dip it into the salt to create a light salt rim. Add a few large ice cubes to the glass. Combine the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and agave syrup in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Pour, slurp, and pucker.
- Nutritional Facts per serving
- CALORIES 257.5 CAL
- FAT 0.1 G
- SATURATED FAT 0 G
- CHOLESTEROL 0 MG
- SODIUM 963.2 MG
- CARBOHYDRATES 21.9 G
- TOTAL SUGARS 17.6 G
- DIETARY FIBER 0.2 G
- PROTEIN 0.2 G
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jdsmithson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Margarita - Men's Health Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Alcoholic