The ricotta/mozzarella cheese combo paired with the excellent bolognese sauce make this my favorite lasagna recipe ever! I added green pepper to the sauce, just because I had half of one in the fridge. I thought it was a good addition. I'll be making this again this week for my mother. Yum!
Classic Light Bolognese Lasagna
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 644mg
- Calcium: 381mg
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted tomato paste
- 1 ounce diced pancetta
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1. Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tomato paste and pancetta; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add turkey, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add wine; cook for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add onion mixture, salt, and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper) to pan, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk and basil; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and egg in a small bowl.
- 4. Spread 3/4 cup turkey mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over turkey mixture; top with half of remaining turkey mixture and half of ricotta mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over top. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes.
- 5. Preheat broiler to high. (Keep lasagna in oven.)
- 6. Broil lasagna for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This