The ricotta/mozzarella cheese combo paired with the excellent bolognese sauce make this my favorite lasagna recipe ever! I added green pepper to the sauce, just because I had half of one in the fridge. I thought it was a good addition. I'll be making this again this week for my mother. Yum!
Classic Light Bolognese Lasagna
A lighter take on classic Bolognese meat sauce allows for more cheese--always a good thing.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 644mg
- Calcium: 381mg
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted tomato paste
- 1 ounce diced pancetta
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1. Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tomato paste and pancetta; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add turkey, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add wine; cook for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add onion mixture, salt, and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper) to pan, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk and basil; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and egg in a small bowl.
- 4. Spread 3/4 cup turkey mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over turkey mixture; top with half of remaining turkey mixture and half of ricotta mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over top. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes.
- 5. Preheat broiler to high. (Keep lasagna in oven.)
- 6. Broil lasagna for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note