- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles (about 8 ounces)
- PAM Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Romano cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (3 cups = 12 oz)
How to Make It
Hands On: 45 minutes
Total: 2 hours
Preheat oven to 350F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop cooking. Meanwhile, spray large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; add sausage and ground chuck. Cook and stir 5 minutes to crumble meat.
Add onion and garlic to pan. Continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain meat mixture well. Add crushed and undrained tomatoes, 1 tablespoon parsley, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Bring meat mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook uncovered over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place ricotta, 3/4 cup of the Romano cheese, eggs, remaining parsley, basil and remaining pepper in medium bowl; blend well. Set aside.
Assemble Lasagna: Spray 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup meat sauce evenly over bottom of dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, top with 2 cups meat sauce, half of ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers ending with a layer of noodles topped with sauce and the remaining mozzarella and Romano cheeses.
Spray underside of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.