Classic Italian Lasagna
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetables oil
- 15 log(s) Dried Lsagna noodles
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 2 1/2 cup(s) bechamel sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 package(s) 10 ounce spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cup(s) mozzerlla cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese freshely grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the vegetable oil [the opil will help prevent the lasagna noodles from sticking together.] Cook the lasagna to almost al dente, about six minutes [the center of the pasta should remain somewhat hard so that it wont overcook and become soggy when baked]. Drain, then rinse the noodles under cold water to stop the cooking and help remove any excess starch. Cover lightly with a damp towel to prevent the pasta from drying out. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add theground beef and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and saute until thebeef is brown, breaking up any large clumps, about eight minutes. Remove from heat and drain any excess fat. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix the bechamel and marinara sauces to blened. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper to taste.
- In another medium bowl, mix the ricotta, eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper to blend. Set aside. Spread the butter over the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking dish,. Spoon 1/3 of the bechamel-marinara sauce over the bottom of the dish. Arrange five lasagna noodles atop the sauce over-lapping slightly and covering the bottom entirely. Spread the ricotta mixtures evenly over the noodles.
- Top with the spinach.Arrange 5 more lasagna noodles atop the spinach. then top with the ground beef. Spoon 1/3 of the raining bechamel-marinara sauce over, Then sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Top with the remaining five lasagna noodles. Spoon the remaining bechamel-marinara sauce over the noodles, then sprinkle with the remaining mozzerella cheese and Parmesan cheese.[The lasagna can be made at this point up to one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Uncover before baking.]
- Line a large heavy baking sheet with foil. Place the baking dish on the baking sheet.Bake until the Lasagna is heated through and the top is bubbling , about 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Italian Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes