Classic Homemade Mayonnaise
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
Tip: Pasteurized eggs are safest, but eggs from chickens raised healthy and happy taste best.
Yield: Makes 1 cup
More From Southern Living
- 2 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- Beat first 8 ingredients at high speed with an electric mixer, using whisk attachment, 15 seconds or until combined. With mixer running, add oil in a very slow, steady stream, beating until smooth and thickened.
- Add water, 1 tsp. at a time, to thin as desired. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note