- 8 cups (3/4-inch-cubed) French bread baguette (about 12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Homemade Turkey Broth
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- calories 129
- fat 3.9 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 4.7 g
- carbohydrate 19.2 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 381 mg
- calcium 30 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°.
Place bread on a baking sheet; bake at 325° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Place bread in a large bowl; increase oven temperature to 375°.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and celery; cover. Cook 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 17 minutes or until tender. Stir in herbs. Add mushroom mixture, salt, and pepper to bread.
Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan; boil 15 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2 cups. Cool to room temperature. Combine broth and egg in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add to bread mixture, tossing to coat. Spoon bread mixture into a 3-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Uncover dressing; brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.