I make this every year, since it was published. It is my family's favorite.
Photo: Sang An
- Pan juices from the turkey and roasting pan
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Strain the pan juices into a fat separator or bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Skim and discard the fat from the surface; set the juices aside.
Place the empty roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping to dissolve any bits stuck to the pan, for 2 minutes. Add the butter and melt. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Still stirring, slowly add first the broth, then 1 cup of the reserved juices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the gravy has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and season with the salt and pepper. Strain just before serving.
* Ingredients too variable for meaningful analysis of nutritional information
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note