Classic French Mussels
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 whole(s) shallots, finely chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pound(s) mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 bunch(es) fresth parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mussels, wine, cream, butter and parsley and season well with salt. give it a good stir, cover the pot and cook until mussels open and are cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Divide the mussels and the juices between 2 bowls and serve with the crusty bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ksutton99 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic French Mussels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Hors d'Oeuvres