Classic Eggs Benedict
Eggs Benedict is a hallmark of weekend brunches across the country. First poach the eggs; let stand in cold water. Then make the hollandaise and let it stand at room temperature. When muffins and bacon go in the oven, reheat eggs.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 811
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 64g
- Saturated fat: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 1617mg
- Cholesterol: 776mg
- 6 English muffins
- 12 slices (7 oz. total) Canadian bacon
- 12 warm perfect poached eggs
- Foolproof hollandaise
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed watercress sprigs, rinsed
- 1. Split muffins in half horizontally and arrange in a single layer, cut sides up, on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet. Lay bacon slices in a single layer in a 10- by 15-inch pan.
- 2. In a 450° oven, bake muffins and bacon until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3. Place 2 muffin halves, cut sides up, on each plate. Lay 1 bacon slice on each muffin half; set 1 egg on each slice of bacon. Spoon hollandaise equally over portions. Arrange watercress next to muffins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note