Classic Creamy Cheesecake
Notes: Drain about 4 quarts nonfat yogurt to make 5 cups cheese.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 cups nonfat yogurt cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Whole or sliced strawberries (optional)
- 1. Combine crumbs and melted butter. Pat evenly over bottom and about 1/2 inch up the side of a removable-rim 9-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
- 2. Bake in a 350° oven until crust is slightly browner, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, use a fork to blend eggs, 1 cup sugar, 3 cups cheese, and vanilla until well mixed. Scrape mixture into hot or cool crust.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven just until center jiggles only slightly when cake is gently shaken, 40 to 45 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, stir remaining cheese with remaining sugar until smooth. Spoon onto cake and gently spread to cover top.
- 6. Return to oven and bake to firm topping slightly, about 10 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 hours.
- 7. Serve, or if making ahead, wrap airtight and chill up to 1 day. Remove pan rim and garnish cake with berries; cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Classic Creamy Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance