It was really fun and easy to make, and it tasted excellent. Great recipe. I can't wait to make some more!
Classic Cream Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, cubed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together cream, egg, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on baking sheets.
- Whisk together egg white and 1 teaspoon water; brush mixture over tops of scones. Sprinkle scones with additional sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads