Delicious! Agree with another reviewer about refrigerating prior to forming crab balls as they hold together better. Next time I will double recipe and make smaller cakes to serve as an hors d'oeuvre.
Classic Crab Cakes
The sweet, clean flavor of crab shines in this recipe for Classic Crab Cakes.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 24 Minutes
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 482mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1. Combine 1/3 cup panko and next 10 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl, stirring well. Add crab; stir gently just until combined. Place remaining 1/3 cup panko in a shallow dish. Using wet hands, shape crab mixture into 4 equal balls. Coat balls in panko. Gently flatten balls to form 4 (4-inch) patties.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Variation: Salmon Cakes Prepare Classic Crab Cakes recipe, substituting 8 ounces cooked, flaked salmon for the crab. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 salmon cake and 1 lemon wedge) Calories 210; Fat 11g (sat 1.4g); Sodium 307mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note