- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Fold in crabmeat. Shape crab mixture into 4 (4-inch) patties; chill 1 hour.
Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add crab cakes, and cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden.
Crab Cake BLT: Place bottom of 1 toasted bun on a serving plate; spread with 2 teaspoons mayonnaise, and top with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 cooked bacon slices, 1 Classic Crab Cake, 2 tomato slices, and top of toasted bun. Makes 1 serving.