Sunset DECEMBER 2010
1. Rub garlic clove around the inside of a 1-qt. fondue pot; discard clove. Pour wine into pot; warm over medium heat on the stovetop until bubbles start to rise.
2. Mix Swiss and gruyère cheeses with flour and dry mustard in a bowl.
3. Add cheese mixture to wine, a handful at a time, stirring gently after each addition until melted and smooth. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg and pepper.
4. Set pot over its heat source, adjusting so fondue barely bubbles. Arrange French bread, sausages, and pears alongside.
5. Scrape bottom of pot occasionally to keep fondue from scorching as you spear and dip bread, sausages, and pears.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2 cup fondue.
Go to full version of