Prep: 7 minutes
This simple Italian salad is beautiful and fast to assemble. Its success depends wholly on using top-quality fresh ingredients. We used a combination of red and yellow tomatoes for added color. Make the salad extraspecial with heirloom tomatoes, when available. At first glance, one might think that the vinegar has been accidentally omitted; however, this salad traditionally has no vinegar at all. Serve with toasted baguette slices, if desired.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated fat: 8.8g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 379mg
- Calcium: 337mg
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Arrange 3 tomato slices, 3 cheese slices, and 3 tablespoons basil leaves on each of 4 salad plates; drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle each with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Serve immediately.
- From the region of Campania, insalata Caprese (kah-PRE-zee) is "salad in the style of Capri," an island in that region.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads