- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) slices Italian bread, cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 (oil-packed) bottled or canned anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 (5 oz.) bags Italian-style salad greens or baby romaine
- 2/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- calories 324
- fat 27 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- sodium 555 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large, shallow baking sheet with foil. Add bread cubes to pan, drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil, season with pepper and toss well. Bake until lightly toasted, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
Mash garlic and anchovies in a large salad bowl with 2 forks to make a coarse paste; season with salt. Whisk in vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; season with pepper. Whisk in remaining 4 Tbsp. oil until well blended.
Add lettuce to salad bowl and toss well. Sprinkle cheese and croutons on top and toss well again. Serve in salad bowls or plates.