I don't usually put in the bacon but do add chopped pecans. Easy and keeps well. Guys who bring this to pot-lucks get rave reviews for being a cook.
Classic Broccoli-Raisin Salad
You've probably seen many versions of this old standby. Broccoli raisin salad is so good, we're trying it again. The recipe easily doubles to serve 12.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium-size purple onion
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (3.75-ounce) package sunflower kernels
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Cut onion into thin slices; cut onion slices in half.
- Stir together onion and remaining ingredients. Chill at least 2 hours.
- NOTE: For a lighter version, substitute turkey bacon and low-fat mayonnaise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This