This was so good! I used about 3/4 lb of tenderloin, and added a bit more olive oil. I was doubtful that this tiny bit of marinade was enough, but it really was. It infused just the right amount of rosemary and garlic into already delicious beef. The veggies with oil and lemon were perfect as well. A classic dish--nothing new, but very yummy!
Classic Beef Shish Kebabs
The trick with this shish kebab recipe is to cook the beef separately from the vegetables so nothing overcooks. You can prepare this recipe on a grill pan, but you'll need to cook the kebabs in batches. An electric indoor grill is ideal for this recipe. It has a larger surface area so you can cook everything at once, starting with the onion and pepper kebabs, and later adding other kebabs with shorter cooking times so everything is done cooking in about 10 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 156
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- Cooking spray
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, rosemary, and garlic in a large zip-top bag. Add beef; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove beef from bag; discard marinade. Thread beef evenly onto 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil and juice in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms, tossing to coat. Thread each vegetable separately onto 12 (12-inch) skewers; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place beef and vegetable kebabs on an electric grill coated with cooking spray. Grill onion and pepper kebabs 10 minutes. Grill beef kebabs 9 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Grill tomato and mushroom kebabs 7 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note