- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Cut ribs apart, if necessary, and trim excess fat; sprinkle 1 tsp. salt evenly over ribs.
Stir together remaining 1 tsp. salt, onion, and next 9 ingredients until blended. Pour half of onion mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place ribs in slow cooker, and pour remaining mixture over ribs.
Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or until ribs are tender. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used A. Steak Sauce.