This was moist and flavorful- I loved the flavor as much as my grandmother's old recipe, but it didn't use all the oil that the original did.
Classic Banana Bread
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Pour batter into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan on wire rack; remove from pan. Slice and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by arborvitae and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes