This was moist and flavorful- I loved the flavor as much as my grandmother's old recipe, but it didn't use all the oil that the original did.
Classic Banana Bread
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Pour batter into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan on wire rack; remove from pan. Slice and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by arborvitae and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note