So easy and simple to make. It's a hit every time. Great for entertaining. I serve it over linguine as an entree. Inexpensive way to make a special occasion dish.
Clams with Prosciutto and Thyme
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 pounds Manila or littleneck clams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 strips lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Garnishes: lemon wedges, fresh herbs
- Scrub clams well with a brush; discard opened or cracked clams or any heavy ones (indicating they're filled with sand).
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and red pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add wine, lemon rind, and thyme; bring to a boil. Add clams; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 6 minutes or until clams open. Spoon into individual bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Clams with Prosciutto and Thyme Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes