- 1 1/2 pounds Manila or littleneck clams
- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Wash clams thoroughly, discarding any opened or cracked shells. Set aside.
Cook linguine 11 minutes according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Saute garlic and thyme in hot oil in a large skillet 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is tender.
Add clams, wine, and pepper to skillet, tossing gently. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until clams open. (Discard any unopened shells.)
Remove clams with a slotted spoon. Toss linguine with pan liquid; serve topped with clams.