Clambake in Your Kitchen
For a classy celebration, try a traditional Clambake in Your Kitchen with this easy, no-fuss recipe.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound new redskin potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Polish sausage, thickly sliced
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound steamer clams, scrubbed
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
- 2 1-1/2 pound lobsters
- 2 cups dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 to 4 ears sweet corn, husked and halved
- Sauté onion in oil in a heavy 16-quart stockpot until golden. Add remaining ingredients to pot in order given; cover tightly.
- Simmer over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, just until steam begins to escape; add corn. Lower heat to medium; simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Lobsters should be cooked, potatoes and corn tender and shellfish open.
- Use a slotted spoon to arrange everything on a platter; top with lobsters cut into serving-size pieces. Season hot broth to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Clambake in Your Kitchen Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Main Dishes