- 1 1/2 pounds large fresh mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 (6-ounce) cans chopped clams in juice, undrained
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
How to Make It
Remove stems from mushrooms, and chop stems. Cook chopped stems and garlic in 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until all of the liquid evaporates.
Drain clams, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Add clams and reserved liquid to cooked mushroom stems. Add breadcrumbs and remaining ingredients; stir.
Brush remaining butter on mushroom caps; place mushrooms, stemside up, on a lightly greased baking sheet or jellyroll pan. Spoon stuffing evenly into mushrooms.
Broil stuffed mushrooms 5 inches from heat 10 minutes or until lightly browned.