Easy & great tasting - my kind of dish!
This quick-and-easy clam sauce recipe features canned clams, chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, white wine, crushed red pepper, and fresh herbs. Serve over hot cooked fettuccine for an easy weeknight entrée.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 316mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 3 (6 1/2-ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cups chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Drain clams in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add tomato, parsley, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook 30 seconds. Add reserved clam liquid and pasta, tossing to coat; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently. Stir in clams and basil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes